Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Seeking Joy






It's been a crazy past few days, and I totally don't mean it in a good way either. Situations that I meant to escape from just kept on catching up to me. It's funny how I was talking to my friends about the lack of drama in my life and tadum- they have just kamikaze-ed right in my face. And of all times too, just after the 30th. Brilliant.

Plus, I've been getting pimples. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT? Damn you, red bumps of facial doom. You ruin me. You ruin meeeeee.

But seriously though, I have.. never had to act happy this much before, ever. Usually it comes with ease; it's a natural thing. Now it takes so much effort to come up with a laugh which just comes off as a worn-out smile. I figured I'd search for comfort in other things- in ignoring, in mixing with other people, in FOOD. But maybe, just maybe, I've been looking for happiness in the wrong places. (Not that other people and food are bad options, of course)

I was reading some stuff online and I came across this verse,
"In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His name."

And that made me realize what I've been missing. The very source where I've always found certainty and assurance; the one place I've been neglecting for some time now.
In You, I found my joy. And In You, I still do.

Judge it how you like but that's the reason why I'm the happy Soph that I am today. :) And I hope it continually proves to be a gentle reminder to me. I refuse to conform to moodiness!


...but maybe except for when assignments are involved.

Then you'll probably find me in a corner, crying to myself. T_T

No comments: