Friday, January 15, 2010

A Moment's Silence


http://colormekatie.blogspot.com :)

Today was a good day. It was good because I was alone, I was in my own world, I was free (and I had the car to myself). It's amazing, almost scary, how great a brief momentary freedom can feel.

Thank You, God. And Honwai. :'D

I was supposed to meet up with Julian for lunch and a movie but alas, the poor guy had too many college hours stacked up on him throughout the week so he overslept. So without hesitating, I just grabbed the keys and left to 1u by myself. I had in mind what I wanted to do anyway. I zipped straight to MPH, got my book, went to get some pretzels and quietly sat in my corner, reading for the next 45 minutes or so.

I guess happiness can be defined by just 3 simple things:
1. A book
2. Food
3. Imagination

People might think that it's boring or it's just sad that I have to be alone, but I like it. I like being in my own company. Whether it's due to the influence of me being alone so much or whether I truly gravitated towards isolation on my own because I simply like it, I'll never know. I'm muddled between the two. Whatever it is, I know I can go solo and not suffer at all. :p

After that, I just walked around, taking in the scenes, sounds, people. 1u is undoubtedly my second home lol. Then, on a personal whim, I decided that I wanted to listen (and sing out loud :X) to the whole of my CD sooo.. I drove all the way to and fro church, HEH.

Yup, most relaxing afternoon yet. But then... all good things come to an end.

Why?

Cause I had to give the car back to my sis at 3pm. T__T

No comments: