Monday, September 27, 2010

Day Eleven: A Deceased Person


Dear Mr LYV,

Hello. It's been a while.

I actually considered not making this letter to you since I've written so much to you already but, who are we kidding right. How many also won't be enough lah, kan? :P And to be honest, I don't like the word "deceased". I don't take likely to it. There's just something about it that screams "cease to exist" and as far as I know, you're still a part of us as much as before. Ah well. English. What are ya gonna do about it.

You probably do know that I still often think about you. Heck, I'm sure we all do. It doesn't come every single day or I don't just sit around and glum over it anymore. It's more of a passing thought and most of the time, it makes me smile to myself... and makes my dad think I'm having a psychotic spaz moment sitting right in front of him while having lunch. I don't exactly know how to describe it, but you've become an aspect to me that has helped me learn and notice things. I'll have to thank you for that later on.

I know someone, a very close someone, who is all kinds of realistic and logical. He knows life and its disappointments and facts and etc. And that's just it, he's all about facts. In more than one way, I can relate to him. UNFORTUNATELY though... he is so logical to the point that the value of people evades him. And by that I mean, friendships and relationships. He's oblivious to it and believes solely in "you gain some, you lose some". So, a friend passes. Fine, you're sad. But later on, you forget and would've realized that your time and energy was wasted on being sad.

That last line didn't and will never, ever make sense to me. It doesn't, actually.

Because in your case, Vern, I've not forgotten and will not. In 3 months, I made a good friend at work and now, I may not see him again or rarely, and I already feel like I lost something. How much more you.

But you know, I'm not gonna sit here and wish and wish and sulk and all.. You probably would've gone "Eeee, why you miss me o.o" Haha. But I do, I really do.

So I hope you're doing great up there.
I'll see you soon :)

No comments: