Saturday, May 8, 2010

Out Of The Many

So, today's one of those (or more like, every) mundane weekend afternoons when I'm left home alone with my Dominos pizza in all its delicious glory ♥ and I'm just flipping through the channels on TV because, let's face it, there's just nothing much to watch anymore. Which is ironic because Astro has like what, a billion and one channels? Psh. D:

*hint hint*
They should start showing Big Bang Theory here, tqvm.

But anyway, I was watching Digi Music's Top 20, or something like that, and the host was interviewing some Malaysian girl who was gonna perform in a second or two. And, the first thing that comes to my mind is to change the channel.

You see, i'm one of those people who does not know how to appreciate the local music scene. Like really. I can't stand Malaysian rock bands or rappers (except CAPRICE. Wooo) or any other music artist. I tend to be very critical and judgmental about local singers cause, I always compare internationally. I know lah, I'm kinda mean in that sense but I can't help it. I just don't like. When suddenly a HUJAN mv starts playing on TV, i'm like OMGWTHBBQ *throws molotov bomb at TV*

But! When the girl and another guy started playing their guitars, it was... interesting. And then she started sing and I was like, whooooaaa. Prettyy voice @__@

She was, awesome. And the song was too. And she's probably one of the few (besides CAPRICE. Wooooo) local artists to give me hope that maybe Malaysian singers aren't that bad after all.

Diandra Arjunaidi:



This wasn't the song I heard just now though. I can't find it. T__T

PS. If you're an aspiring singer, please don't feel offended. I do actually think a lot of people here have good, talented voices. I'm just saying, generally, the "famous" ones aren't that great. It's just my opinion. So don't come and egg my house. Rawr.

No comments: