Thursday, October 21, 2010

Your Joy, My Strength


We pose in front of water dispensers, oh yeah.



Sometimes, I've really gotta be thankful for the temporary moments where I get to smile and laugh about the littlest things like I've had too much crack for breakfast.
So that the other moments- the ones when I'm tired out, emotionally... it doesn't seem so big anymore. But there's no running away from that, I know it.
I know what won't get me down today will get me down tomorrow. I know I'm a scared person. I know I face insecurities only I can deal with. I know I'm slowly being dragged down into fear of being vulnerable or even developing the smallest of feelings towards someone. I don't even understand it myself.

But I also know that situations are like gravity- it always comes back around. It's what keeps you going during the situation that matters, and I definitely know what that is, in my life. I rarely talk about it; it's like a secret candle I keep behind my back and I never let anything snuff it out.

It's what makes me truly smile and genuinely feel calm within myself, even when problems and troubles are like rocks being thrown at me. It's what reminds me to always be thankful. It's what I want to show the people around me and, it's what motivates me to be a better person than I was yesterday.

It's my little secret that I'll share.
This one's for me. And this one's for you too.


"Do not grieve,
for the JOY of the Lord is your strength."
-Nehemiah 8:10

No comments: